The goal of MultiForecast is to allow users retrieve and directly compare the weather forecast for several European cities from various environmental providers. The user can observe and compare the weather forecasts of each provider including sky and rain conditions in order to have a more reliable view of the weather conditions in each city.
MultiForecast is based on crawling algorithms that mine and retrieve at real time environmental forecast data from free web resources, as well on a Sensor Observation Service that indexes this information. The environmental data are can be retrieved using temporal queries and are presented to the user in tabular and graphical format.
MultiForecast was developed by the Mutlimedia Group of the Information Technologies Institute in collaboration with FBK (Fondazione Bruno Kessler) Institute of Trento (Italy). It has been supported by the PESCaDO FP7 STREP Project.
- D. Hilbring, A. Moumtzidou, J. Mossgraber and S. Vrochidis. "Semantically Enriching an Open Source SOS Implementation for Accessing Heterogeneous Environmental Data Sources", The Global Conference for Open Source Geospatial Software, Nottingham, UK, September 17-21, 2013, accepted for publication.
- L. Wanner, H. Bosch, S. Vrochidis, N. Bouayad-Agha, G. Casamayor, L. Johansson, A. Karppinen, A. Moumtzidou, I. Kompatsiaris, T. Ertl. "Involving the Expert in the Delivery of Environmental Information from the Web", EnviroInfo 2013, Hambourg, September 2-4, 2013, accepted for publication.
- S. Vrochidis, H. Bosch, A. Moumtzidou, F. Heimerl, T. Ertl, I. Kompatsiaris, "An Environmental Search Engine based on Interactive Visual Classification", Proceedings of the 1st ACM international workshop on Multimedia analysis for ecological data (MAED 2012), pp. 49-52, November 2, 2012, Nara, Japan
- L. Wanner, S. Vrochidis, M. Rospocher, J. Mossgraber, H. Bosch, A. Karppinen, M. Myllynen, S. Tonelli, N. Bouayad-Agha, U. Bugel, G. Casamayor, T. Ertl, D. Hilbring, K. Karatzas, I. Kompatsiaris, T. Koskentalo, S. Mille, A. Moumtzidou, E. Pianta, H. Saggion, L. Serafini, V. Tarvainen, "Personalized environmental service orchestration for quality of life improvement", in Proceedings of the 3rd Intelligent Systems for Quality of Life information Services Workshop (ISQL 2012), September 29, 2012, Halkidiki, Greece
- A. Moumtzidou, S. Vrochidis, S. Tonelli, I. Kompatsiaris and E. Pianta, "Discovery of Environmental Nodes in the Web", in Proceedings of the 5th IRF Conference, Austria, Vienna, July 2-3, 2012.
- L. Wanner, M. Rospocher, S. Vrochidis, H. Bosch, N. Bouayad-Agha, U. Bugel, G. Casamayor, T. Ertl, D. Hilbring, A. Karppinen, I. Kompatsiaris, T.Koskentalo, S. Mille, J. Mossgraber, A. Moumtzidou, M. Myllynen, E. Pianta, H. Saggion, L. Serafini, V. Tarvainen and S. Tonelli, "Personalized Environmental Service Configuration and Delivery Orchestration: The PESCaDO Demonstrator", in Proceedings of the 9nth Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC 2012), Heraclion, Crete, Greece, May 27-31, 2012.
- L. Wanner, S. Vrochidis, S. Tonelli, J. Mo?graber, H. Bosch, A. Karppinen, M. Myllynen, M. Rospocher, N. Bouayad-Agha, U. Brugel, G. Casamayor, T. Ertl, I. Kompatsiaris, T. Koskentalo, S. Mille, A. Moumtzidou, E. Pianta, H. Saggion, L. Serafini, V. Tarvainen, "Building an Environmental Information System for Personalized Content Delivery", International Symposium on Environmental Software Systems (ISESS 2011), Brno, Czech Republic, June 2011.
- L. Wanner, H. Bosch, N. Bouayad-Agha, U. Brugel, G. Casamayor, T. Ertl, A. Karppinen, I. Kompatsiaris, T. Koskentalo, S. Mille, J. Mossgraber, A. Moumtzidou, M. Myllynen, E. Pianta, M. Rospocher, H. Saggion, L. Serafini, V. Tarvainen, S. Tonelli, T. Uslander, S. Vrochidis, "Service-Based Infrastructure for User-Oriented Environmental Information Delivery", ENVIP 2010 Workshop, Bonn/Cologne, October 6-8, 2010.